[aur-general] Request to check my PKGBUILD and suggest me some improvements

Patrick Eigensatz patrickeigensatz at gmail.com
Sat Aug 13 19:47:29 UTC 2016

Hello folks!

I am a beginner in Arch packaging but I just came to a stable point writing
my small systemd journal analyzer and beeing a Arch user for some years now
I thought it would
be a good exercise for me to write a PKGBUILD for my program and try to
upload it to the AUR.

It is now online @ https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/qjournalctl/

I followed the wiki guidelines
 @
https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Arch_User_Repository#Submitting_packages

I read myself into the
 @ https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Arch_packaging_standards
and into
 @ https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/PKGBUILD

and I tried to follow all the suggestions there and I kept my PKGBUILD as
tiny
as possible.

I also runned namcap to check my PKGBUILD respectively the generated
package.
As I had some dependencies (namely qt5-base and gcc-multilibs) I listed
them in the PKGBUILD.

I tried to have a look at other PKGBUILDs as well and to compare it to mine
but I could not find something which would really differ from my first
trial.

Then I read I could ask here for suggestions and improvements.
Is there something I didn't do which is e.g. a good habit? Or did I
something that I shouldn't have done?

I hope some experienced AUR packagers / TUs can give me a few points I can
work on. Feel free to give me feedback on my program as well! ;)

Thank you very much!
Patrick