[aur-general] Request to check my PKGBUILD and suggest me some improvements

Christoph Gysin christoph.gysin at gmail.com
Mon Aug 15 15:07:08 UTC 2016

> I don't usually see people running shellscripts using `sh $shellscript`
> -- it is usually `./$shellscript`.
> It really makes no difference (practical or otherwise) except for
> looking odd...

I can make a difference. "sh shellscript" will run the script using
sh, whereas "./shellscript" will run the script using the shebang. It
happens to be /bin/sh at the moment, but that could change over time.

The only reason I can imagine to use "sh shellscript" is if the
shellscript does not have the executable bit set.

Chris
--
echo mailto: NOSPAM !#$.'<*>'|sed 's. ..'|tr "<*> !#:2" org at fr33z3