[aur-general] Split packages

Eli Schwartz eschwartz93 at gmail.com
Tue Aug 23 14:43:25 UTC 2016

On 08/23/2016 10:24 AM, Chi Hsuan Yen wrote:
> Python packages are not good examples for this thread.

Whyever not? It seems an excellent example to me...

> I mention my script as I find it useful for handling such cases. As
> Bruno said, using two separate packages is the choice. My script just
> reduces the overhead of maintaining two separate PKGBUILDs.

I am not sure how that is supposed to answer my question. I am simply
wondering why any of that has anything to do with your factually
incorrect claim that you ended up (ab)using multiple PKGBUILDs *as a
result of* makepkg dropping support for the "--pkg" flag.

Because, once again, if you really thought it was important to save
casual AUR users the horrifying burden of temporarily installing an
extra makedepends... then they would have always had to, and you would
have had a problem for a lot longer.

Not that that is actually a valid excuse for using separate PKGBUILDs...
but it just goes to show that even your own argument in favor, is
severely flawed.

--
Eli Schwartz