[aur-general] namcap question

Eli Schwartz eschwartz93 at gmail.com
Thu Dec 22 16:21:21 UTC 2016

On 12/22/2016 11:15 AM, Tom Zander wrote:
> I’m quite new to arch packaging and when I noticed some packages having been
> orphaned I thought I’d learn.
>
> In reading the wiki and learning more I found about about namcap.
> I have one warning that I don’t understand and am not sure if its something
> I should care about.
>
> The warning is;
> bitcoin-classic-git W: .INSTALL file runs a command provided by hooks.
>
> Is this safe to ignore, or should my install file be written differently?

It means that the install file should be removed entirely. Ever since
pacman gained hook support, that command will be triggered anytime a
package installs desktop files, and the command will b e run *once*
after the entire transaction is completed, as opposed to numerous times
in each package's install script.

See the contents of the file:

/usr/share/libalpm/hooks/update-desktop-database.hook

and the news item at:

https://www.archlinux.org/news/required-update-to-pacman-501-before-2016-04-23/

--
Eli Schwartz