[aur-general] Question About firefox-gtk2-bin

Mark Weiman mark.weiman at markzz.com
Tue Feb 2 07:16:24 UTC 2016

I noticed a package on the AUR (firefox-gtk2-bin) that appears to
download a binary copy of Firefox that doesn't come from Mozilla. It
comes from someone's GitHub account instead. I was looking through the
Wiki about whether or not there's something in the guidelines for the
AUR or just the packaging standards on whether this is something that
is acceptable, but I cannot find anything regarding this.

I suspect the package firefox-gtk2-bin exists because firefox-gtk2
takes a while to build.

My question is if whether packages of this nature are okay for the AUR
or if it's not.

Mark Weiman