[aur-general] Misuse of AUR (yaourt) comments

William Di Luigi williamdiluigi at gmail.com
Fri Feb 12 11:05:45 UTC 2016

Hi,

On Fri, Feb 12, 2016 at 11:35 AM, Dave Blair <mail at dave-blair.de> wrote:
> Det harassed me with out-of-date notifications too. He seems like a hustler.
> Not quite sure why anyone would want to hustle AUR packages, doesn't really
> make sense to me.

Just to clarify, I don't think that Det is the one who flagged the
package (in fact he/she commented *against* the package being flagged,
so there would be no reason for him/her to want the package flagged).

If Det has harassed you in the past, you could probably start a new
thread about it. However, consider that if a package is *really*
out-of-date, then it's expected to get flagged. If a maintainer can't
or doesn't want to keep up with updating it, he/she can just click the
"Disown Package" button.

--
William