[aur-general] Now there is real Spam in the AUR comments - Was: Misuse of AUR (yaourt) comments

Tinu Weber takeya at bluewin.ch
Fri Feb 12 17:30:04 UTC 2016

On Fri, Feb 12, 2016 at 18:25:17 +0100, Florian Pritz wrote:
> On 12.02.2016 10:45, Ralf Mardorf wrote:
> > Take a look at https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/yaourt/ , some body
> > add real spam to the comments and another user commented the spam:
>
> Thanks for reporting this. It appears that this might be related to
> Microsoft now also deciding to block the server running mailman, the
> aur, bbs and wiki as a "spam source".
>
> Do you happen to know if such spam comments have been posted around
> February 6th or 7th?
>
> Florian

There is also spam (from today) on
https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/atom-editor/
And there seems to be another spam comment on the yaourt page right now.

Is there any anti-spam measure for registering AUR accounts like on the
BBS? I don't remember anymore. If not, it would be good idea to add
something like that.