[aur-general] Should TUs tolarate inapropiate behavior in the AUR?

P. A. López-Valencia vorbote at outlook.com
Sat Feb 13 21:12:27 UTC 2016

El 13/02/2016 a las 3:12 p. m., Connor Behan escribió:

>> WE, Dave Blair and I, BOTH SAID THE HARASSMENT WAS DONE *PRIVATELY*, yet
>> you are asking for public proof? Your sharpness is.... Sheesh!
> He didn't say that it would be easy for you to establish public proof
> (that would indeed warrant a "sheesh"). He said that no matter how hard
> it is to prove harassment, the onus for doing so is on the victim. Which
> it should be. I'm sure all people in this discussion agree that the
> bullying you describe is completely unacceptable, but we simply cannot
> be banning users based on scenarios that are simply one person's word
> against another's.

What you say is true Connor and your comment is *very constructive*.  I
simply deleted the emails at the time , because I do not like gloating
on bad blood therefore I can't provide that evidence anymore; but be
assured it built up for at least 6 months before I finally threw the
towel in disgust. I had to play whack-a-mole with the guy blocking
accounts from where he would send me personal insults and attacks.

As long as we have your attention. Can you bring the matter in the
private lists? There is a real need for some sort of reporting channel
that is not a project in Flyspray but more private. And as Ralf Mardorf
already said, a CoC is not needed. I frankly believe a CoC would be
completely counterproductive.

> No comment.

He! I apologize for the tone, but I can't help being Zen when the
student needs a whacking.

--
Pedro A. López-Valencia
http://about.me/palopezv/