[aur-general] bringing vis to [community]

Christian Hesse list at eworm.de
Wed Feb 17 20:05:15 UTC 2016

Connor Behan <connor.behan at gmail.com> on Wed, 2016/02/17 12:46:
> On 17/02/16 12:09 PM, Christian Hesse wrote:
> > Hello everybody,
> >
> > vis aims to be a modern, legacy free, simple yet efficient vim-like
> > editor.
> >
> > That is what the readme says... I think this is a pretty good description.
> > As there is good documentation I suggest taking a look at the readme [0]
> > for anybody interested.
> >
> > Looks like vis is still unknown to most Arch people, though. I do
> > maintain it in AUR [1], but it received just two votes so far.
> > Nevertheless I would like to bring it to [community] when version 0.2 is
> > tagged and released. Any comments? Complains?
> >
> > [0] https://github.com/martanne/vis/blob/master/README.md
> > [1] https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/vis/
>
> I just gave it a vote to help.

Thanks! ;)

> However, [community] is not meant to have
> largely unknown packages. I'd be moving a lot of single vote AUR
> packages there if that were the case.

I do maintain a lot of packages in AUR, and most of these will stay there.

However we have a decent part of our community that likes the suckless [0]
projects, including dwm, dmenu, st, slock and some more. Vis is a perfect fit
here and I am sure a lot of people will use it once they know about it.

Perhaps advertising it here is enough to get the votes. Let's see of it makes
its way.

[0] http://suckless.org/
--
main(a){char*c=/*    Schoene Gruesse                         */"B?IJj;MEH"
"CX:;",b;for(a/*    Best regards             my address:    */=0;b=c[a++];)