[aur-general] NOTICE: jnbek Package Maintenance Information

John D Jones III unixgeek1972 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 13 20:12:16 UTC 2016

All:
As some of you may know, I maintain a rather large collection of AUR
Packages. I do my best to try and keep up with updates, actually don't
do too bad really; but regardless. I feel it necessary to inform
everyone that I'm going to be heading in for some spinal surgery on the
20th of January. I'm scheduled to be out of commission for 4 - 6 weeks
altogether. During that time my ability to address Out of Date
notifications, broken PKGBUILDs etc will be, somewhat limited. I imagine
that after 2 or 3 weeks, I'll be able to start logging in and checking
things out, but I can not, nor will, guarantee that I will be able to be
as proactive about PKGBUILD maintenance as I'd like to be. That said, if
a PKGBUILD goes Out of Date, just mark it as such and I'll get to it as
soon as I can. Please avoid just willy-nilly filing Orphan requests, etc
and I'd like to request the Trusted Users to keep these things in mind
if an Orphan/etc requests does get filed. At the moment, I have ~9
PKGBUILDs out of date which in some way or other are broken beyond a
simple fix (Eg: Missing dependency PKGBUILDs), or perhaps I just haven't
had the chance to test the current PKGBUILDs... these PKGBUILDs are for
the most part 0 vote packages anyway, so I don't expect any concern for
now. I will have my wife monitoring my primary email:
jnbek1972 at gmail.com for notifications and if one of my reeeeaaaallllyyy
popular packages goes Out of Date, she can let me know. In the meantime,
as I have spare time, I will attempt to correct the current 1% of
Flagged PKGBUILDs prior to my surgery date.

Honestly, I don't foresee any major problems, since the next release of
Perl 5.24 isn't due until May, however I can see perl-mojolicious
falling a bit behind and perhaps nodejs-jshint since those two projects
release on a very active basis, however, I find that the majority of AUR
users who require these PKGBUILDs are good about posting a gist/pastebin
of a working PKGBUILD in my absence, but to reiterate, I don't expect to
be 100% offline more than a cpl weeks. Anyways, enough blathering for now.

Stay Metal Y'all \m/ ~_~ \m/

--
Thanks,
John D Jones III