[aur-general] PKGBUILD for GnuSocialShell

Eli Schwartz eschwartz93 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 13 17:42:16 UTC 2016

On 07/13/2016 12:30 PM, Storm Dragon via aur-general wrote:
> Howdy,
> I have no clue how it got set to crlf. I made this in Vim on Arch lol. I guess the original was from a template with the wrong format. This is fixed now, however.
> I also think I have a working fix for the version issue.

The proper fix for the version issue is for upstream to tag their
releases, and use the `git describe` example on the Arch Wiki.

> This really does compile on any architecture, including ARMv7 etc.

Right, but that isn't what "arch" means in the context of a PKGBUILD.
Maybe it is time to review the PKGBUILD definition?
https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/PKGBUILD#arch

> I applied your patch and did a pull request, thanks so much for providing that. Also, thank you for the tips.
> Storm

As mentioned several times, that Makefile is a wreck. The *proper* fix
looks a lot more like this: http://pastebin.com/raw/EUN7P1e5

--
Eli Schwartz