[aur-general] Trusted User application

Massimiliano Torromeo massimiliano.torromeo at gmail.com
Mon Jul 25 07:24:14 UTC 2016

In data sabato 23 luglio 2016 13:39:45 CEST, Nicola Squartini via aur-general
ha scritto:
> I also decided to take a few steps further, like decoupling
> Atom from Electron (so that the latter can be used also for other
> applications), unbundling system libraries as much as possible, and enable
> GTK3 support (upstream binaries are built with GTK2).

That's cool. I wanted to do something like this right after atom's first
release, but once I took a look at the process I decided it was too much work
and did not bother anymore. I'm glad someone else stuck to it.
This should allow for other electron-based packages to use this shared
runtime.

> In the future I would also like to maintain Meteor [10], a popular web
> framework that I use for my job (I don't know if someone is already
> working on it), but only after they add support for the latest Node.

I packaged in the AUR a couple of years ago but to move it in [community] it
required to much patching to decouple it's components and, again, decided it
was not worth it. I then dropped it and moved along to use other frameworks.

Since you use it for work you should be more familiar to it than I was.

--
Massimiliano Torromeo