[aur-general] aur/acroread broken - request for help

Pablo Lezaeta Reyes prflr88 at gmail.com
Sat Jun 4 02:34:05 UTC 2016

> > Have you (both of you) raised a bug [1], sent a mail [2] [3] or dropped
> > a line on IRC [4] ?  You may well have found a regression, and it would
> > be very helpful if you could give as much details as possible over the
> > relevant channels :)
> >
> > [1] https://bugs.freedesktop.org/
> > [4] irc://irc.freenode.net/xorg
>
> why would i file a bug at freedesktop.org?
> i honestly did not even think about it because in my opinion its adobes
> fault, and libxcb can most certainly do nothing about it. do you still
> think its a good idea?
> i'll try irc and ask for their opinion…

let me guest, you are using lib32-libxcb 1.12 and downgrading to 1.11.1
your program work.
your program is a 32 bit excecutable in a 64bit environment.

I have that issue with zsnes and lib32-xcb 1.12 make zsnes coredump but
1.11.1 no... in a 64bit environment.

So if someone could test if your adobe is a 32bit program in a 64bit arc
with lib32-libxcb 1.11.1 working but 1.12 not we can start asumming that
the fault is libxcb as multilib builded.

--
*Pablo Lezaeta*