[aur-general] Perl-Moose dependency failure.

John D Jones III unixgeek1972 at gmail.com
Fri Jun 10 19:08:54 UTC 2016

It seems that https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/perl-moose requires
version 1.45 of List::Util, right now the tests are what fail, however
the version provided in CORE is like 1.42_2 and even the runtime
dependency for List::Util calls for version 1.45 so I surmise that all
manner of weird runtime errors would occur in the modules that depend on
Moose, lists/arrays going wonky etc... I propose a temporary buttwag by
just creating a perl-list-utils145 PKGBUILD, until the Perl devs put
1.45 or higher into core... does anyone have any objections to this?
it's ugly and rather temporary too, meaning it'll have to be removed
eventually, but I can't just leave perl-moose out of date until 1.45
goes core.
What say you?
--
Thanks,