[aur-general] Updating MATE Packages

Antonio Rojas arojas at archlinux.org
Sat Jun 11 11:55:28 UTC 2016

Sean Fennell <eadrom> wrote:

> To the matter at hand, what is going to be the best way to get the MATE
> packages updated?  What is my next step in that process?  I'm eager to
> get my hands dirty helping out with maintaining MATE (and other packages
> as well).
>
> Thank you,
>
> Sean Fennell <eadrom>

I agree that it's not good that we ship an unmaintained desktop environment
in our repos. DEs need constant work to be properly maintained (not just
updating packages, but also fixing bugs, backporting fixes needed for new
versions of libraries...) and unfortunately no current TU seems to be
interested in MATE.
 If you plan to step up to maintain this in the future, one first step would
be to post your updated PKGBUILDs somewhere so that we could check them out.