[aur-general] Updating MATE Packages

Sean Fennell <eadrom> eadrom at archlinux.info
Sat Jun 18 19:46:56 UTC 2016

On 06/12/2016 05:49 AM, Antonio Rojas wrote:
> - If the GTK2 and GTK3 versions are built from the same source, then a split
> GTK2/GTK3 package is the way to go. Having separate PKGBUILDs for each
> version just doubles the maintenance work for no good reason (every fix and
> update would need to be applied twice).
> - You should remove the install files that run commands already handled by
> hooks. See https://www.archlinux.org/todo/hooks-part-1/

Quick update on my progress.  I've completed my first pass on merging
the GTK2 and GTK3 PKGBUILD's into one.  I'm not sure on if I've handled
dependencies correctly.  I've left the GTK2 dependencies as the main
package depends() array and then added in the GTK3 versions needed
depends() in its package() function.  Then I added any packages that the
GTK3 version needed, but not the GTK2 version, to the makedepends() array.

I'm sure I'll quickly find I've done this wrong when I go to start build
testing here shortly, heh.  If anyone has feedback on how I should be
handling dependencies for this kind of split package, I welcome the help!

Latest changes viewable here:
https://github.com/Eadrom/arch_mate

--
Sean Fennell <eadrom>