[aur-general] PKGBUILDs for monkeysphere feedback

Doug Newgard scimmia at archlinux.info
Wed Jun 22 23:13:09 UTC 2016

On Wed, 22 Jun 2016 11:30:57 +0200
Valo <valo at autoproduzioni.net> wrote:

> Hello everybody,
>
> As gnupg 2.1.13 is now available in core I'd like to update monkeysphere
> to 0.38, here are the PKGBUILDs for monkeysphere[2] and for
> agent-transfer[1], a new monkeysphere checkdependency.
>
> Agent-transfer is included in the monkeysphere source code but it's a
> checkdependency and so I choose to create a separate package for it, is
> it correct? How can I make it better?
>
> Namcap will complain about monkeysphere dependencies as it thinks they
> are not needed but they actually are
>
> Thanks
>
> sValo
>
> [1] https://git.eigenlab.org/svalo/agent-transfer/blob/0.38/PKGBUILD
>
> [2] https://git.eigenlab.org/svalo/monkeysphere/blob/0.38/PKGBUILD

In addition to everything else mentioned, you should never be running chown in
the install scripts. If the files/dirs need to be owned by a specific
user/group, you should do that in the package function.

You can't really use $pkgdir in the build function.

Please, for the sake of readability, be consistent with how you use variables.
Either use braces or don't.