[aur-general] TU Application - Dustin Falgout

Jan Alexander Steffens jan.steffens at gmail.com
Tue Mar 1 13:47:39 UTC 2016

On Tue, Mar 1, 2016 at 2:33 PM, Bartłomiej Piotrowski
<bpiotrowski at archlinux.org> wrote:
> How exactly are you going to contribute to Arch, except maintaining
> Cinnamon? Packages from AUR you mentioned aren't really notable (and in
> fact, one just repackages proprietary tarball) and these in Antergos
> repositories also seem rather unpopular. Looks like some of them can't
> be even distributed at all unless JetBrains license allows that; as far
> as I know, distribution of ZFS binaries is a GPL violation.

FWIW, the zfs package in Antergos is a source distribution using DKMS
to build. Also, (antergos-)gnome-defaults-list, assuming it's solid,
is something the Arch GNOME distribution is in need of. Would be
interesting to get in contact with whoever made that.

More on topic, if Cinnamon desperately needs maintainers, I'd welcome Dustin.