[aur-general] TU Application - Dustin Falgout

Levente Polyak anthraxx at archlinux.org
Wed Mar 2 10:40:39 UTC 2016

On 03/02/2016 04:16 AM, Dustin Falgout wrote:
> [...]
>>
>> Hi Dustin
>>
>> I went through your packages and had a rough look at the PKGBUILDS...
>> don't be scared but i wanted to dump my feedback and some personal
>> opinions about those:
>>

>> lightdm-webkit-theme-antergos:
>> - just my 2 cents but post_install() should not sed around in your
>>   lightdm.conf as you can also install multiple theme packages
>>
>> lightdm-webkit-theme-userdock:
>> - just my 2 cents but post_install() should not be used for explaining
>>   documentation/setup
>>
>> lightdm-webkit2-greeter:
>> - you can use #tag=2.0.0 instead of doing a checkout in build()
>> - reference to $pkgdir should always be quoted (make call)
>> - should not sed the lightdm.conf in post_install() as you can possibly
>>   install multiple greeters
>>
>> obs-service-recompress:
>> - this package actually pulls the git HEAD and should either be renamed
>>   to obs-service-recompress-git or pull the 0.3.1 tarball and have the
>>   pkgver() removed.
>> - reference to $pkgdir should always be quoted (make call)
>>
>> obs-service-set_version:
>> - same as obs-service-recompress, pulls git HEAD with pkgver() function
>>   instead of 0.5.3 tarball
>> - reference to $pkgdir should always be quoted (make call)
>>
>> obs-service-tar_scm:
>> - same as obs-service-recompress, pulls git HEAD with pkgver() function
>>   instead of 0.5.3 tarball
>> - reference to $pkgdir should always be quoted (make call)
>>
>> pycharm-eap:
>> - not sure what the _eap="True" variable and the if does there as its
>>   the -eap package, guess it can just be dropped (including the else)
>> - just my 2 cents but using groups with "development" "IDE" "editor"
>>   and "jetbrains" feels a bit too much, groups should logically group
>>   together similarities like "vim-plugins" and not used like generic
>>   keywords
>>

>> cheers,
>> Levente
>>
>> PS: instead of inline PGP you may want to have a look at PGP/MIME...
>> besides weird text in clients that don't support PGP it can also result
>> in breakage in various scenarios where the text gets altered by MTA/MUA
>>

> Hi Levente,
> I've implemented your feedback where it was appropriate. Thanks :) I'm not familiar with PGP/MIME. I've heard of it, but I have no clue how to go about using it. I'll definitely look into it so thanks for the tip!

Hey Dustin,

That was fast, but I think you accidentally forgot to implement the most
important part of my feedback: It is not allowed to have no pkgname VCS
postfix (like -git) but pull from a git HEAD.
You either have to rename those packages or pull a static source like
github or upstream tarballs. In case of github tarballs remember to use
the source filename prefix to make them unique (like