[aur-general] AUR git not working properly

Mark Weiman mark.weiman at markzz.com
Tue Mar 15 16:02:09 UTC 2016

On Tue, 2016-03-15 at 11:13 -0400, Eli Schwartz wrote:
> On 03/15/2016 09:15 AM, Jens Adam wrote:
> >
> > Tue, 15 Mar 2016 12:18:25 +0100
> > Daniel Milde <daniel at milde.cz>:
> >

> > > Hi all,
> > > I am often getting error message when reading from AUR git repos:
> > >
> > > Timeout, server aur.archlinux.org not responding.
> > > fatal: Could not read from remote repository.
> > > Please make sure you have the correct access rights
> > > and the repository exists.
> > >
> > > Does anybody know why it's happening?
> > >
> > > Thanks
> > > Daniel
> > I haven't seen any timeouts so far, but I can confirm noticing
> > large
> > delays with git operations, yes. Not sure since when though, a week
> > perhaps?
> >
> > --byte
> >
> I'm getting large delays too. I only noticed today, but I haven't
> really
> checked since last Thursday.
>
> I am also noticing when cloning a new repo, I get:
>
> warning: remote HEAD refers to nonexistent ref, unable to checkout.
>
> Apparently the HEAD ref is not being exported by the server.
> Solution:
> `git checkout master` -- but that is still rather confusing.

I've submitted a new task for it on Flyspray [1]. Also there has been
some discussion on it a little but in the aurweb development irc
channel.

Perhaps if there is more to report relating this issue, perhaps some
comments should be added to the task I opened (I never mentioned
possible time-outs caused by this).

Mark Weiman

[1] https://bugs.archlinux.org/task/48593