[aur-general] check_logfiles PKGBUILD - newbe question

Jakub Skory www at q84fh.net
Thu Nov 3 20:47:47 UTC 2016

Hi,
I wrote my first in life PKGBUILD for my own purposes (I have some
Arch's in my enviroment, and I wanted to make some automatic deployement
using Ansible, but it is not relevant).

It would be nice to receivce some feedback from you about that.
I packaged one nagios plugin check_logfiles because I needed it.
There is monitoring-plugins package on official repos, but it contains
only poor check_logs plugin which does not have some cool features like
check_logfiles.

It is worth to place it in AUR or I should just keep it for myself?

# Maintainer: Jakub Skory <q84fh at q84fh.net>
pkgname=check_logfiles
pkgver=3.7.5.2
pkgrel=1
pkgdesc="check_logfiles is used to scan the lines of a file for regular
expressions."
arch=('i686' 'x86_64')
url="http://labs.consol.de/nagios/check_logfiles/"
license=('GPL')
depends=('perl')
source=("https://labs.consol.de/assets/downloads/nagios/check_logfiles-3.7.5.2.tar.gz")

build() {
	cd "$srcdir/$pkgname-$pkgver"
	./configure --libexecdir=/usr/lib/monitoring-plugins/
	make
}

package() {
	cd "$srcdir/$pkgname-$pkgver"
	make DESTDIR="$pkgdir/" install
}
md5sums=('6b732721cd7dd1138e9c087c1cb0bd4e')