[aur-general] Fwd: [REPORT] Banned for reporting Out of Date CVS packages by Alucryd

Ake Doragon no Namida quomoow at gmail.com
Fri Nov 4 13:13:09 UTC 2016

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Ake Doragon no Namida <quomoow at gmail.com>
Date: 2016-11-03 13:48 GMT+01:00
Subject: [REPORT] Banned for reporting Out of Date CVS packages by Alucryd
To: aur-general at archlinux.org

Hi, i have a problem with Alucryd from AUR. Just read and give me your
opinion.

Me to Alucryd:

> Hi, can you look at your packages? For example this package is out of date for more than 6 months.
>
> You have a lot of packages and a lot is up to date, so it is just a little request.
>
> If you can, please update "not popular" sometimes, when you have free time or you can do it
>
> https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/pantheon-files-plugin-dropbox-bzr/
>
> // updated after mail https://code.launchpad.net/~elementary- … in-dropbox
<https://code.launchpad.net/%7Eelementary-apps/pantheon-files/pantheon-files-plugin-dropbox>
, ok, without any answer on mail. (nothing wrong anyway)

> Hi,
>
> Will you please stop flagging CVS packages that need absolutely no updating ? More than half of what you flagged builds perfectly fine and is not out of date. While the others do need some changes (which I already did or will this week) you will find that I have close to no patience and might get temporarily banned really soon if you keep trying it.
>
> Cheers,
> --
> Maxime
>
> // Ok, so this guys mean: if i have installed new version (for example 10)
a year ago, and i want update my package to new version (f.e.55) i must
remember this package name and reinstall it manually, cos *pacman
-Syu* or *yaourt
-Syyu* will not work. And what when i will have 200 packages on my PC with
this like "out of date" version in aur? Maybe pkgbuild is always UP to
date, but version what is in AUR *IS NOT*

*BANNED? For what?*

https://www.archlinux.org/packages/flaghelp/ -- nothing about CVS packages

https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Ta … a_CVS_repo
<https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Talk:VCS_package_guidelines#Updating_a_CVS_repo>
-- first line what is written

>     CVS is not supported in pacman 4.1 like the other VCS tools. You will need to update pkgver manually until CVS support is added.
>
> i don't know what is going on, and why some of Thrusted Users are a little
d*cky (maybe just this guy), but that's not a nice look for *Arch Linux
Distribution*. Even for Thrusted Users

Arch is rolling distribution what does mean, always up to date. So to keep
that initiative i am looking for Out Of Date packages and flagging them
with link to last update or last version. Sometimes packages are running
from git to sourceforge of from git repo to other git repo (i found 1
package with this mind*uck, official move wat was written on official
website of package). But anyway it is not thing for wich i should be banned.

**uck* or *d*ck* mean *duck*

Looking for unban, justice and TU should respect the laws