[aur-general] Advice needed maintaining boost-compute

Julien JPK julienjpk at email.com
Fri Nov 11 17:14:57 UTC 2016

On 11/11/16 16:45, Doug Newgard wrote:
> The checks are done by pacman. I'm guessing you haven't tried with makepkg +
> pacman -U since the boost update.

Alright so now I'm really lost. I'm certain I built and installed the
package successfully before sending the new PKGBUILD, and now that I try
again, I do get the errors. I must have forgotten something when I tried
the first time. So basically since that's not an option anymore, I'm
guessing the package is no longer of any use separately.

On 11/11/16 16:51, Eli Schwartz via aur-general wrote:
> Do you mean, pushing a new pkgver after releases? This is only a user
> convenience, no need to hunt down packages to do this (and definitely
> please don't nudge maintainers to do so).

To be honest I was just picking packages I was interested in, with the
idea of maintaining them on a longer term should it become necessary. I
understand that the packages I've chosen so far are not tremendously
active, I just thought these simple update tasks would be a good place
to start after the wiki. I guess that was yet another mistake...

On 11/11/16 16:51, Eli Schwartz via aur-general wrote:
> Thank you for validating the opinions of those who believe all yaourt
> users are complete idiots, by the way...
> I happen to be a yaourt user who likes to think yaourt users can be
> intelligent people too, but you are hurting my efforts.

I'm not quite sure where you're going with this. While I'm not actually
a yaourt user, I thought it would be a good way to "confirm" that the
update had gone through and the updated package was indeed available.
Now I'm guessing my 3rd mistake is hidden somewhere in there.

Thank you for your answers, and sorry for the disturbance. Turns out I
just hadn't been thorough enough in my work.
--
Julien JPK (0xC3075A58)
julienjpk at email.com