[aur-general] "pepper-flash" naming?

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net
Sun Nov 13 08:57:48 UTC 2016

On Sun, 13 Nov 2016 10:33:26 +0200, Det via aur-general wrote:
>Since the maintainer is throwing his tantrum, I decided it would be
>good to ask the mailing list directly, should "pepper-flash" [1] be
>renamed to e.g. "flashplugin-ppapi"?

People who still want to contribute on the bad thing that websites
requiring flash won't die out most likely would search for a
"pepperflash" PKGBUILD, since "pepperflash" is the well known name for
it. So yes, please rename it, perhaps some never heard about "PPAPI"
and "NPAPI", don't understand what "flashplugin-ppapi" does provide,
don't install it and the chance that we are in at the death of the last
website requiring flashplayer does increase, because less people are
willing or able to install flashplayer.

IMO it would be better to drop all flashplayer related packages from
AUR, as well as from the official repositories.

:p
Ralf