[aur-general] Upstream version numbers that break pacman version comparison

brent timothy saner brent.saner at gmail.com
Tue Nov 22 07:58:39 UTC 2016

On 11/22/2016 02:53 AM, Baptiste Jonglez wrote:
(SNIP)
> What is the best solution to deal with this?  I think I can either map the
> scheme to a more reasonable one (e.g. "8.5.pl3" instead of "8.5pl3"), or
> bump the epoch when needed.

what i'd recommend is instead use 8.5 -> 8.5.1 -> 8.5.2

and then have a _pkgver= variable with the actual string, if it's needed
later in the build. i.e.:

pkgver=8.5.1
_pkgver=8.5pl1
..
build() {
	cd ${srcdir}/${pkgname}-${_pkgver}

or such. i think that may be the cleanest way but i also would like to
see input from others.