[aur-general] TU Application: Baptiste Jonglez

Baptiste Jonglez baptiste at bitsofnetworks.org
Wed Nov 30 22:38:56 UTC 2016

On Tue, Nov 29, 2016 at 08:11:39PM +0100, Lukas Fleischer wrote:
> I confirm that I sponsor Baptiste.
>
> I have worked with him several times in the past; among other things he
> contributed several patches to calcurse back in 2012 [1]. He is
> knowledgable and I think he will be a great addition to the team!
>
> Let the discussion period begin!

Thanks Lukas!

There are some points that I feel could be worth discussing (besides TLS…):

1) Would linux-mptcp [1] have its place in [community]?  From what I read
   about linux-zen and linux-grsec [2], there does not seem to be strong
   objections, especially since most (or even all?) third-party kernel
   modules now use DKMS.

2) Some dependencies of my packages are orphaned in [community], such as
   msgpack-c [3].  As a TU, I guess it would make sense to adopt them.

3) ring-daemon requires non-released versions of restbed [4] and asio [5].
   Is it better to wait for upstream to release a version of these libs,
   or is it acceptable to package a snapshot in [community]?

Baptiste

[1] https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/linux-mptcp/
[2] https://lists.archlinux.org/pipermail/arch-dev-public/2015-July/027311.html
[3] https://www.archlinux.org/packages/community/x86_64/msgpack-c/