[aur-general] Nee help with a python PKGBUILD

Stefan Husmann stefan-husmann at t-online.de
Fri Oct 14 18:59:19 UTC 2016

Storm Dragon via aur-general <aur-general at archlinux.org> writes:

> Howdy,
> There is a new console screen reader in the works. It is written in python. I have written a PKGBUILD for it. The PKGBUILD works, it installs things where they are supposed to go, but the problem is the reader won't launch once installed in this way. If you just run setup.py it works fine though. Can someone please take a look and let me know how to fix this?
> Thanks
> Storm

Try
package()
{
  cd "$srcdir/$_gitname"
  python setup.py install --root="$pkgdir" install
}
and do not put install file into source-array. This gives less errors,
but still is not working.

[haawda at frege fenrir]$ fenrir
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/bin/fenrir", line 137, in <module>
    main()
  File "/usr/bin/fenrir", line 132, in main
    app = fenrir()
  File "/usr/bin/fenrir", line 21, in __init__
    raise RuntimeError('Cannot Initialize. Maybe the configfile is not available or not parseable')
RuntimeError: Cannot Initialize. Maybe the configfile is not available or not parseable

Best Regards

Stefan