[aur-general] Trusted User Application: Giancarlo Razzolini

Giancarlo Razzolini grazzolini at gmail.com
Thu Oct 20 11:23:32 UTC 2016

Hi All,

   My name is Giancarlo Razzolini (grazzolini) and I would like to become a TU. Before anything, I want to thank Jelle van der Waa for agreeing to become my sponsor.

   I'm 33 years old. I am a developer and infrastructure manager at my own company. I have been using Linux since 1999. Despite my name, I am not Italian, but I'm Brazilian (of Italian descent). My first experience with Linux was with Conectiva Linux, but soon I moved to Slackware, where I stayed for many years. For work reasons, I ended up using Ubuntu for some years. In 2013 I moved to Arch, and it was love at first sight. Or better, at first use.

   Right from the beginning I started to contribute, first helping out with the wiki. Later, when I found out about the simplicity of creating and maintaining packages, I started to put some on the AUR. Also, I adapted some tools I had developed for Ubuntu initramfs system, to Arch. Also, I created new ones. Most of them are related with remote unlocking of an encrypted root partition, so lots of early userspace networking. I am also very active on IRC.

   Recently I also subscribed as a tester, and I do give signoff's to the packages I am able to test. If I become a TU, I would like to bring some of the packages I maintain on the AUR[0] to community, specially:

   keepass-plugin-keeagent
   tinyssh (co-maintained)
   ucspi-tcp

   I would also like to bring some of my own project's packages, specially:

   mkinitcpio-netconf[1]
   mkinitcpio-dropbear[2]
   mkinitcpio-tinyssh[3]
   mkinitcpio-utils[4]

   I am willing to adopt packages also. From the list of orphaned packages, I am willing to adopt right away terminator and all it's dependencies.

Thanks in advance,
Giancarlo Razzolini

[0]https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/?SeB=m&K=grazzolini
[1]https://github.com/grazzolini/mkinitcpio-netconf