[aur-general] Copy package from AUR archive

Eli Schwartz eschwartz93 at gmail.com
Fri Sep 30 18:33:55 UTC 2016

On 09/30/2016 01:43 PM, Yassine Imounachen via aur-general wrote:
> Hello,
> What are good practices of re-submitting deleted AUR3 packages? Namely
> 'strongswan-git'.

There are no official good practices, but IMPHO, all packages migrated
from the AUR3 (whether deleted or not) *should* have had their history
migrated from the aur-mirror archive (assuming a more accurate history
didn't exist in the maintainer's control).

To that end, I wrote a quick script for importing an AUR3 package, you
can see it in my pkgbuilds repo: https://github.com/eli-schwartz/pkgbuilds

It isn't very polished, but it is better than nothing.

Other than my subjective opinion about AUR3 history, the rules for
submitting a deleted AUR3 package are of course the same rules as for
submitting a brand-new package

--
Eli Schwartz