[aur-general] missing package

Eli Schwartz eschwartz at archlinux.org
Mon Dec 4 23:05:50 UTC 2017

On 12/04/2017 05:28 PM, Joseph Carta via aur-general wrote:
> Hi All,
>
>     A package that I use just recently disappeared from the aur. I
> searched this list for any mention of it, and found nothing. The package
> is called "photofilmstrip". What's going on?

Was it 1) orphaned and 2) had no votes, comments, or other signs that
anyone was interested in it?

Because there have been some packages that were purged for failing all
those criteria. The best way to ensure packages remain in the AUR is to
adopt them and keep them up to date.

You can also try restoring it via the ssh interface, since packages
remain available in the git backend even after they are purged from the
index/web interface.

--
Eli Schwartz