[aur-general] TU application for Eli Schwartz

Bartłomiej Piotrowski bpiotrowski at archlinux.org
Mon Dec 25 21:34:17 UTC 2017

On 2017-12-18 16:07, Bartłomiej Piotrowski via aur-general wrote:
> On 2017-12-13 14:52, Bartłomiej Piotrowski via aur-general wrote:
>> On 2017-12-13 13:57, Eli Schwartz via aur-general wrote:
>>> Hello, all. :)
>>>
>>> My name is Eli Schwartz, better known as eschwartz on the forums[1],
>>> AUR[2], bugtracker[3], wiki[4] general mailing lists, IRC, and generally
>>> everywhere I can stick my nose in. With the aid of Bartłomiej
>>> Piotrowski, I am applying today to become a TU.
>>>
>>> I'm 24 years old, and currently studying Computer Science in the United
>>> States.
>>>
>>> I've been interested in Linux ever since I was first introduced to it in
>>> high school, when I asked "what would be the best Linux distro to
>>> install if I really want to learn how things work", and I was
>>> recommended to try out Arch Linux. It's a choice I haven't regretted since!
>>> Outside of Linux my main hobby is books/ebooks (primarily SF&F of all
>>> sorts). I have leveraged this nicely to feed back into software which
>>> deals with ebooks. :)

>>> I've now been an active member of the Arch Linux community for
>>> approximately 3.5 years, and in that time I've become a member of the
>>> Arch Bug Wranglers team, given an Arch Classroom tutorial[5],
>>> contributed a few small patches to various Arch projects, mainly
>>> pacman[6], and generally hung out on the forums and in IRC, trying to be
>>> helpful. Recently I've been doing a bit of general helping out in
>>> #archlinux-reproducible[7] as well.
>>>
>>> I've always been especially interested in packaging for Arch Linux, and
>>> have reviewed many PKGBUILDs on this mailing list as well as in the AUR
>>> Issues, Discussion & PKGBUILD Requests subforum and in #archlinux-aur,
>>> written a popular script for maintaining AUR packages[8], and featured
>>> the topic of packaging for Arch Linux in the above-mentioned Arch
>>> Classroom tutorial. I anticipate doing all^W^W^Wmost of this in a
>>> somewhat more formal role. :)
>>>
>>> I would like to become a TU in order to contribute more to Arch Linux in
>>> general (because it would be a shame to miss out on one particular angle
>>> I guess). It would also give me more scope to help fix simple packaging
>>> bugs that come up on the bugtracker, help resolve some policy TODOs[9],
>>> fix packages which no longer build due to e.g. missing sources (many
>>> such packages have been discovered in part due to the valiant efforts of
>>> Reproducible Arch Linux and Arch Linux 32), and of course to bring some
>>> packages to [community] that I feel would do well there.
>>>
>>> If given the opportunity, I would consider bringing the following
>>> packages to community:
>>> - firefox-extension-https-everywhere (I conmaintain this)
>>> - fanficfare (I maintain this)
>>> - git-crypt
>>> - advancecomp
>>> - llpp
>>> - wikicurses
>>> - ghi
>>> - dtrx
>>> - checkbashisms

> [...]

The vote has ended as well. TLDR: Eli, welcome aboard!

Results:

Yes: 36
No: 2
Abstain: 2

Eli, please follow steps described here[1]. There is additional
documentation[2] that will concern you after you get 3 signatures from
master key holders.

And, of course, congratulations!

[1]
https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/AUR_Trusted_User_Guidelines#TODO_list_for_new_Trusted_Users