[aur-general] Rage-git package exists but pkg web page 404 + seems unmaintained

Carsten Haitzler raster at rasterman.com
Sat Dec 30 03:40:29 UTC 2017

https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/rage-git

Is gone but repo is alive:
  git clone ssh://aur@aur.archlinux.org/rage-git.git

Works. As does:
  git clone https://aur.archlinux.org/rage-git.git

And I see no removal request on aur-requests:
  https://lists.archlinux.org/pipermail/aur-requests/

(downloaded full mbox archive):
  $ grep rage-git aur-requests.mbox
  sickrage-git [3]:
  [3] https://aur.archlinux.org/pkgbase/sickrage-git/

No rage-git.

What happened? It's unmaintained because it doesn't build (since July 20 when I
removed the autotools based build upstream and moved to meson as the build
system). I put in a comment on the pkg page that the AUR pkg build was broken
ages ago and offered to take over maintenance in the package comments but got
no reply and now the package page at least has disappeared.

How about restoring it? I can also take over maintenance as I have kept a git
clone of rage-git and moved it to meson locally (have not pushed). I also now
maintain efl-git and enlightenment-git too (rage-git depends on efl).

Carsten Haitzler - raster at rasterman.com