[aur-general] Intellij IDEA Ultimate's

Eli Schwartz eschwartz93 at gmail.com
Sun Feb 5 17:58:35 UTC 2017

On 02/05/2017 07:17 AM, Reto Kaiser wrote:
>> I personally prefer the flag thing
> [...]
>> The "-meta" thing is a little...
> [...]
>> The cleanest solution may very well be what we have now.
>
> Agree, the thing with the meta packages is a bit overcomplicated.
> How about a single PKGFILE, which creates two packages with the "split
> package" mechanism (one with, one without JRE).
> @uwolfer wdyt? I can prepare the code.

Perhaps you could create two split packages, one for
intellij-idea-utimate-edition, one for the bundled JRE... and have the
former optdepend on the latter and on the system JRE.

The four-way split, meta-package dependency is over-engineered, but
without the repo package providing ${pkgbase}-jre I don't see how to do
it via a clean dependency *at all*... since Arch Linux users are always
expected to pay attention to pacman's output e.g. optdepends, this
shouldn't pose a problem to users.

It wouldn't be the first package to *need* at-least-one-of its
optdepends to be installed.

--
Eli Schwartz