[aur-general] pending merge request for python-git/python-gitpython, please cancel

Bruno Pagani bruno.n.pagani at gmail.com
Tue Feb 14 11:11:48 UTC 2017

Le 13/02/2017 à 17:03, brent timothy saner via aur-general a écrit :

> i requested a merge of python-gitpython into python-git
>
> THIS SHOULD BE CANCELED.
>
> They need to be separate packages. they are for different things.
>
> PRQ # is 7484
>
> Sorry for the confusion

Please note that PRQs have they own list at
https://lists.archlinux.org/listinfo/aur-requests, where they should be
discussed when needed.

That being said, I’ve tried to understand the differences between both
packages, and if indeed python-gitpython shouldn’t be merged into
python-git, this last one is currently building the GitPython 2.1.1
module instead of python from git (3.7.xxx), and that should be changed.
You should either take care of or orphan it.

Cheers,
Bruno