[aur-general] pending merge request for python-git/python-gitpython, please cancel

Bruno Pagani bruno.n.pagani at gmail.com
Tue Feb 14 14:10:48 UTC 2017

Le 14/02/2017 à 14:56, Daniel Milde a écrit :

> Dne 14.2.2017 v 14:50 Frederik “Freso” S. Olesen napsal(a):
>> Den 14-02-2017 kl. 12:19 skrev Daniel Milde:
>>> Yes, python-git should be probably renamed to something like
>>> python-gitlib and python-hg[1] should be renamed to python-git.
>> If the sources are in a Mercurial repository, the package should be -hg,
>> not -git. But speaking of python-hg... it points to a cpython
>> repository, so maybe it should really be cpython-hg?
>>
>> Oh boy! What a mess. :)
> Cpython sources are moved to github now.
>
> Yes, if python and python2 packages are renamed to cpython, then
> python-hg/git should be also renamed :)
>
> Daniel

Just to be clear for Freso and other people that might be tricked into
that: cpython is upstream name for the standard reference python
interpreter itself (absolutely not an expert in this area, but I would
bet that’s because this is a C implementation of python).

The repo was indeed in mercurial, but as you can see here
https://docs.python.org/devguide/ or here
https://docs.python.org/devguide/setup.html#checkout, it’s now
https://github.com/python/cpython.

So yes, there’s a bit of cleaning to be done regarding this in AUR.

Regards,
Bruno