[aur-general] Pruning Old / Abandoned Packages

Lex Black autumn-wind at web.de
Thu Feb 23 18:51:20 UTC 2017

Hello
How do you define abandoned? Upstream stated software x is obsolete or just no upstream activity?

Nonetheless personally I submitted requests in the past for packages where upstream was gone and no alternative location of the software could be found (like active fork, still existing dev repo).

If a valid source was available I checked if it could be built and was working. If it was still working I just updated the Pkgbuild and mostly abandoned it afterwards.
Not working --> request.
Why should something be removed if it is still working?

Best regards