[aur-general] TU Application: Christian Rebischke

Christian Rebischke Chris.Rebischke at archlinux.org
Fri Feb 24 22:00:57 UTC 2017

On Wed, Feb 22, 2017 at 02:13:35PM +0100, Levente Polyak wrote:
> First at all:
> I know shibumi for quite a while now (also personally in meat space) and
> what i could say in a short summary: great news!! *cheer* :D
>
> So far its bit lonely in this thread *tumbleweed*... lets get this
> rolling a bit. I'm also sure one or the other may miss my reply :P
>
> zsh> xxarhtna --pedantic --input aur/shibumi
> [+] Starting up xxarhtna
> [+] Analyzing 46 packages
> [+] Dumping 18 results...

Hi Lev,
first of all thanks for your work and checking my 46 packages.
Here is my current status.
> apk-signer:
> - upstream seems gone, googlecode redirects to a 404 github and search
>   doesn't reveal any trace of upstream existence. Bit meh it vanished
>   and there is only a binary blob left on a random dropbox >.>

WIP

> awesome-terminal-fonts:
> - you could distribute the non-common license as its available in the
>   tarball
> - fc-cache in .install is not needed anymore as thats handled by a
>   pacman hook
> - the .install creates a symlink and if the package gets uninstalled a
>   dangling symlink will remain pointing into nothing.

FIXED

> awesome-terminal-fonts-git:
> - same as awesome-terminal-fonts

FIXED

> binnavi:
> - makes sense to use ${pkgver} in source, otherwise it tends to be
>   forgotten on bump :P
> - the combination of mkdir + mv can be simplified with a single
>   install -Dm 644
> - the custom start script calls /usr/bin/java (which can by java6) but
>   it seem to require >= 8 (< please note the comment about binnavi-git
>   related to fixing this)

FIXED

> binnavi-git:
> - the combination of mkdir + mv can be simplified with a single
>   install -Dm 644
> - the custom start script calls a java-8 specific path, but the
>   dependency is specified as >= 8. If a java >= 9 will arrive, it may
>   not work if java8 is not installed, while the dependency is still
>   fulfilled. Either pin the version to java8 and use a java8 path or
>   do some dynamic sorcery to find the proper jre java executable.

FIXED

> cloud-buster:
> - makes sense to use ${pkgver} in source, otherwise it tends to be
>   forgotten on bump :P
> - requires python-dnspython as optdepends in its mxrecords.py

FIXED

> inetsim:
> - perlipq dependency does not seem to exist
> - upstream provides gpg signatures that can be used
> - grep inetsim in the install file isn't safe enough as it can match
>   anything (theoretically) use getent instead.
> - gid 16 is already reserved for stunnel

WIP

> libemu:
> - whitespace after '--prefix=/usr' :P :D

FIXED

> nyan:
> - makes sense to use ${pkgver} in source, otherwise it tends to be
>   forgotten on bump :P

FIXED

> puppetserver:
> -  upstream gpg signature are available

WIP

> python-requests-cache:
> - needs (make)depends of python-requests
> - with adding checkdepends of python{2}-pytest and python{2}-mock you
>   can add a check() call doing py.test and py.test2

FIXED except of the checks

> python-pypdns:
> - requires dependency of python{2}-requests (see source)
> - optdepends of python{2}-requests-cache.
> - license could be shipped as its available in the tarball

FIXED

> python-pymisp:
> - 2.4.65 is out :P
> - requires python{2}-requests python{2}-dateutil python{2}-jsonschema
>   as dependens
> - optionally requires a new package python{2}-pyme otherwise the
>   sign and verify functionality of this will error out
> - with python{2}-pytest and python{2}-requests-mock a check() can be
>   used running py.test and py.test2

FIXED, except of the checks

> python-piexif:
> - when adding python{2}-pytest and python{2}-pillow to checkdepends, a
>   check() can be used having set PYTHONPATH=. running py.test and
>   py.test2

FIXED

> python-pefile:
> - update available :P
> - "setup.py check" doesn't do what you think it does, it only checks
>   some metadata and stuff, the target for setup.py you are looking for
>   is "test"... but there are no tests provided by the exported tarball
>   version you choose (there are also non-exported source tarballs
>   containing them)

FIXED, except of the checks. There are missing files in the tarball

> python-virustotal-api:
> - "setup.py check" doesn't do what you think it does, it only checks
>   some metadata and stuff, the target for setup.py you are looking for
>   is "test"... if you want to run tests it provides nosetests via
>   ./tests
> - requires dependency python{2}-requests

FIXED, except of the checks.. still on it. (the tests fail, maybe missing
files)

> python-terminaltables:
> - distributing LICENSE would be neat as they are inside the tarball

FIXED

> python2-pydeep:
> - not an 'any' package as it compiles native code.
> - license can be distributed as its inside the tarball

FIXED