[aur-general] Review request for 3 related PKGBUILDs

Eli Schwartz eschwartz93 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 3 08:51:45 UTC 2017

On 01/03/2017 03:14 AM, Leonid Bloch wrote:
> I'd like to put 3 new packages in the AUR. They are a part of one
> "kit", but are very different in functionality, therefore I think it
> will be better to introduce 3 packages, instead of one, which contains
> them all. You can see the details on: http://www.silx.org .
> Essentially, these are 3 completely different packages, that just
> happen to be used by the same community.
>
> These PKGBUILDs were tested successfully on a minimally-installed VM.
>
> Any feedback is welcome! :)

Looks mostly okay to me. Usually python packages are installed with
"--optimize=1", and you *might* want to add "--skip-build" to package()
and save on checking for updated source files in build().
Also, why are you cloning the entire repo as opposed to merely grabbing
the archive from "${repo_url}/archive/$v${pkgver}.tar.gz"?

--
Eli Schwartz