[aur-general] TU question

Eli Schwartz eschwartz at archlinux.org
Sun Jul 23 23:38:50 UTC 2017

On 07/23/2017 07:08 PM, Dan Printzell wrote:
> Hi, my name is Dan and I'm currently reading up on what is needed to become
> a TU. I'm doing this because I'm interested in maintaining the dlang packages,
> now that Dicebot left. But before I decide anything I want to know what is
> needed from me and how the whole process works.
>
> So far I've read these links:
> https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Trusted_Users
> https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/AUR_Trusted_User_Guidelines
> https://aur.archlinux.org/trusted-user/TUbylaws.html
>
> So I was wondering if anyone had any links that I could read or any tips to
> think about before I decide if I want to take the next step.

I believe that covers most of it. You should probably be prepared for
anthraxx to go over your AUR packages with a fine-toothed comb looking
for every conceivable mistake you could make though. :D

Really, the main thrust of it is finding a TU to sponsor you, and making
a good case as to what you want to accomplish as a TU and what your
previous track record is in the Arch/FOSS community as a way to gauge
what kind of maintainer you would be.

In my experience lurking here, most people who can make a coherent
argument for all those things tend to be accepted. Good luck! :)

--
Eli Schwartz