[aur-general] Hello from Jethro, and could someone take a look at my first pkgbuild?

Eli Schwartz eschwartz at archlinux.org
Wed Jul 26 21:36:04 UTC 2017

On 07/26/2017 05:13 PM, J3thro via aur-general wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> I am very happy that I finally get the chance to join AUR community and
> contribute something. I just adopted an orphan AUR package and submitted my
> first pkgbuild (see https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/pycharm-community/).
> Is there anyone willing to double check that I didn't make stupid mistakes?

Well, it looks like all you did was bump the pkgver, which means all the
stupid mistakes would be the fault of the previous maintainer. :D

My main objection would be that $srcdir and $pkgdir are not properly
quoted. Likewise with $startdir, except that that is deprecated and it
should be accessing the .desktop file from $srcdir instead.

--
Eli Schwartz