[aur-general] MariaDB vs MySQL

Konstantin Gizdov arch at kge.pw
Thu Jun 1 14:32:19 UTC 2017

Hi all,

I saw today libmariadbclient was updated to 10.1.24 and dropped the line
where it provides libmysqlclient. However, it still ships with the shared
libs and conflicts libmysqlclient. I maintain a few packages that require
libmysqlclient and I have some installed that require libmariadbclient. So
with this conflict and no provision statement, my system is broken.

As a temporary fix, the packages I maintain now require libmariadbclient
with the hopes that it implicitly provides mysql support too. However, can
I realistically depend on this as a fact or not?

If not, isn't that a way bigger problem for others as well?

Help and advice is much appreciated.

Regards,
Konstantin