[aur-general] saving AUR history (Re: TU Application: Thore Bödecker)

Frederik “Freso” S. Olesen freso.dk at gmail.com
Mon Jun 5 18:46:27 UTC 2017

Den 05-06-2017 kl. 20:41 skrev Yardena Cohen via aur-general:
> So, I just noticed that you took over my two packages: amavisd-new and
> perl-convert-uulib. Which is fine. But I also noticed that instead of
> preserving their git repo histories, you just started a new repo with
> the first commit called "import from AUR":
>
> https://git.archlinux.org/svntogit/community.git/log/trunk?h=packages/amavisd-new
> https://git.archlinux.org/svntogit/community.git/log/trunk?h=packages/perl-convert-uulib
>
> I'm curious, other than my local backup, is this history now gone for good?

Old AUR packages are preserved indefinitely. The history of the two
packages you mention are still in AUR's git:

https://aur.archlinux.org/cgit/aur.git/log/?h=amavisd-new
https://aur.archlinux.org/cgit/aur.git/log/?h=perl-convert-uulib

(That said, I really like keeping the history together, so I'd vote for
preserving AUR history when import to "real" Arch repositories, if at
all possible...)

--
Namasté,
Frederik “Freso” S. Olesen <https://freso.dk/>