[aur-general] Review and a bit of other help request

Konstantin Gizdov arch at kge.pw
Fri Mar 17 18:17:08 UTC 2017

Hi Eli and Sebastian,

OK, I see the orphan request got approved. Certainly, wasn't looking to
draw outrage, but get advice on what the appropriate action. I will update
the relevant pythia, xrootd and submit deletion request myself for the
others.

As to the package signing, I already know how to detach sign. I also know
about the source signing. What is not clear to me is repo-add --sign. The
docs say it will update 'the package database'. Which package database?
Does AUR keep such info? I though that was for Trusted Users and official
repos.

What I want to do is essentially to provide a convenient way for people to
build or directly download pre-built packages, if they choose to, and be
able to verify them, without too much hassle. What do you recommend? Should
I just make a *-bin version on AUR with my signature and detach sign the
binaries on my own repo? I thought this was also not the AUR way?

Could I get someone's workflow for signed packages as an example?

Regards,
Konstantin