[aur-general] TU Application: André Silva

Jelle van der Waa jelle at vdwaa.nl
Mon May 15 11:19:48 UTC 2017

On 05/13/17 at 11:35pm, André Silva wrote:
> On 05/13/2017 10:24 PM, Christian Rebischke wrote:
> > Hello Andre,
> > Can you tell us more about your position at parabola? Why did you quit
> > the developer job for there and why do you want to be Arch Linux
> > Trusted User now? This is no offense, I just want to know more about
> > that part in your history.
> >
> > Best regards,
> >
> > Chris
> >

> Hi Chris don't worry about your questions, it isn't a offense. :)

Thanks for being so open about it, I appreciate it!

> Currently, i'm dedicating my life to my family and friends than ever
> before, however i would at least continuing maintaining some of my
> kernels such as linux-libre and linux-libre-lts in Arch as TU in
> [community] for the benefit of Arch the same as other Arch-based distros.

Personally I have mixed feelings about yet another kernel in our
repository's. I'm also wondering if you want to bring in more -libre
packages? (And therfore making parabola obsolete).

I'm fine with the current split between Arch and Parabola, since it
makes it clear where Arch stands :)

--
Jelle van der Waa