[aur-general] Merge: fd-git into fd-rs-git

Dan B dan.ray.beste at gmail.com
Wed Nov 1 17:39:28 UTC 2017

Gist: I need a TU's help merging fd-git into fd-rs-git, as fd-rs-git is not
a valid merge target. (details below)

I contacted the previous maintainer of this package (Wesley Moore)
regarding this package since it wasn't populating in the aur. I received
the following message:

> Hi Dan,
>
> I deleted the package mid September as there are now proper releases for
fd. I can't see it on aur.archlinux.org either so not sure I can add you as
a maintainer.

> Regards,
> Wes

I can clone fd-rs-git, but am unable to push changes to the aur:

>  » git push origin master
> Counting objects: 5, done.
> Delta compression using up to 4 threads.
> Compressing objects: 100% (5/5), done.
> Writing objects: 100% (5/5), 1021 bytes | 1021.00 KiB/s, done.
> Total 5 (delta 1), reused 0 (delta 0)
> remote: error: invalid pkgbase: fd-git, expected fd-rs-git
> remote: error: hook declined to update refs/heads/master
> To ssh://aur.archlinux.org/fd-rs-git.git
>  ! [remote rejected] master -> master (hook declined)
> error: failed to push some refs to 'ssh://
aur at aur.archlinux.org/fd-rs-git.git'

Relevant links:

fd-rs-git:
https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/?O=0&K=fd-rs-git
https://aur.archlinux.org/cgit/aur.git/?h=fd-rs-git

fd-git:

https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/fd-git/
https://aur.archlinux.org/cgit/aur.git/?h=fd-git

If I missed any details, I can provide them upon request.