[aur-general] Running tests via tox

Morten Linderud morten at linderud.pw
Wed Sep 6 09:49:57 UTC 2017

On Wed, Sep 06, 2017 at 11:02:49AM +0200, Levente Polyak wrote:
> On 09/06/2017 10:34 AM, Florian Bruhin wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > On Tue, Sep 05, 2017 at 05:33:09PM +0200, Levente Polyak wrote:
> >> - test cases could be run via tox, therefor all py2+3 dependencies
> >>   should be added to checkdepends and tox be invoked
> >
> > Running package tests via tox sounds like a bad idea. Tox creates a
> > Python virtualenv[1] and installs all needed dependencies in there.
>
> Good point:
>
> :%s/tox/pytest/g

I was sorta aware of this, and packaged them to use tox. There are a few
packages that requires me to make new packages to satisfy the check
dependencies. I'm unsure if i'll be able to migrate all of them to use plain
pytest within a sane amount of time. But i'll work towards it.

--
Morten Linderud

PGP: 9C02FF419FECBE16