[aur-general] TU Application: Alad Wenter

Alad Wenter alad at mailbox.org
Sun Sep 10 22:36:04 UTC 2017

Am 10/09/2017 um 23:56 schrieb Eli Schwartz:
> On 09/10/2017 04:08 PM, Alad Wenter via aur-general wrote:
>>> aurutils/aurutils-git:
>>> - uses the ISC ("custom:ISC") license, which is not a common license
>>>   (`pacman -Ql licenses`)and must therefore be installed separately.
>>> - Thanks you kindly for upgrading the security of the *sums you SKIP
>>>   from md5 to sha256 :p :p
>>>
>> Fixed the license array. The license was already installed by the
>> Makefile.
>
> o_O such upstreams!
>

>>> bash-devel-git:
>>> mc-git:
>>> nvtv:
>>> repoctl-git:
>>> vim-bracketed-paste:
>
> Did you forget to push it?

Indeed, I did... fixed. Thanks for checking.

>> Fixed. I agree about DESTDIR and filed a pull request upstream.
>>
>> https://github.com/HarveyHunt/cottage/pull/9
>
> FWIW, usually this gets implemented as
> install:
>     install -Dm755 progname $(DESTDIR)$(BINDIR)/progname
>
> DESTDIR is limited to use in install since sometimes you will want to
> compile the location of e.g. $(PREFIX)/share/progname/ inside a binary
> and why move only some instances of $(DESTDIR) up top I guess.

Updated the pull request.

>>> dpkg:
>>> - git source at pinned commit should not re-clone itself to a new
>>>   $pkgname-$pkgver every time you bump the pkgver
>>> - autoreconf should be done in prepare()
>>> - explicitly override options=(emptydirs) rather than depending on the
>>>   user's choices in makepkg.conf
>>>
>> Fixed.
> Broken, actually. options=(emptydirs) means keep empty dirs, and
> options=(!emptydirs) means don't keep them (delete them).
> The default is emptydirs, leaving them alone, but if someone modified
> their makepkg.conf to specify !emptydirs then the directory you created
> would be deleted during tidy_install. And now it will be deleted no
> matter what.

Not sure how I got confused there, especially when the initial commit I
made had it right...

https://aur.archlinux.org/cgit/aur.git/commit/?h=dpkg&id=067d5267d7bd44ba4c63cfcc5e913098f76975a1

>>> xss:
>>> - So much whitespace in the variables...
>>> - Unversioned source xss-master.tar.gz
>>> - None of it works because the upstream website is dead, everything
>>>   redirects to https://sites.google.com/view/woozle/
>>> - Author still exists at https://github.com/nealey, project has moved to
>>>   https://github.com/9wm/xss (he is a member of that org)
>>>
>> Fixed. Regarding the source, I've asked for a relase upstream:
>>
>> https://github.com/9wm/xss/issues/1
>
> Regarding the source, nothing says you cannot use "$_commit" in place of
> "$pkgver" and "master", at least until you have a release tag to use
> instead.

Updated, both for xss and vim-bracketed-paste.

>> Thank you very much for your elaborate review!
>
> Happy to help, reviewing PKGBUILDs is always fun whether as part of a TU
> application or not.
> Cheers,

Alad