[aur-general] TU Application: Alad Wenter

alad at mailbox.org alad at mailbox.org
Thu Sep 14 13:43:42 UTC 2017

On Thu, Sep 14, 2017 at 01:01:58PM +0000, Evgeniy Alekseev wrote:
> Hai,
>
> On Sunday, 10 September 2017 19:55:16 MSK Eli Schwartz wrote:
> > python-i3-py:
> > - It is probably not important to point out in the description which
> >   programming language it uses, especially when the pkgname already
> >   includes that info.
> > - git source at pinned commit should not re-clone itself to a new
> >   $pkgname-$pkgver every time you bump the pkgver
> > - Python packages which are intended to install a command-line tool
> >   rather than a library should not be prefixed with python- and do not
> >   need to be installed for both Python 3 and Python 2.
>
> BTW, it looks like this PKGBUILD works normally for this package, but in general calling setup.py with python3 interpreter assuming python2 build [1] is bad idea. Also it looks like the package has several licenses, e.g. winmenu.py header says WTFPL-v2 :)

Thanks, I've updated the build step and LICENSES. [2]

[2] https://github.com/AladW/community/commit/a48ba9a3ff917b596d89748a3a69e4f39e4b4398

Note that I installed the license to /usr/share/licenses/python-i3-py,
as python-i3-py is the common pkgbase. The PKGBUILD guidelines [3]
however mention to use pkgname - and namcap issues a warning
accordingly. Do these guidelines account for split packages?

python-i3-py-examples E: Missing custom license directory
(usr/share/licenses/python-i3-py-examples)

[3] https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/PKGBUILD#license
> 1. https://github.com/AladW/community/blob/master/python-i3-py/PKGBUILD#L28.
> --
> Sincerely yours,