[aur-general] add base-devel / multilib-devel group as makedepend to AUR packages ?

LoneVVolf lonewolf at xs4all.nl
Sat Sep 16 12:19:09 UTC 2017

Hi,

I do have the impression that the number of aur comments about pacakges
not building unless foo is installed has gone up.
Very often foo turns out to be part of base-devel or multilib-devel.

Answering that is easy, by linking to main AUR wiki page that clearly
states base-devel is assumed to be installed when building aur packages.
That part appears to be overlooked often though and results in
unnecessary clutter in aur comments.

Perhaps we could put base-devel group in makedepends of aur pacakages ?
Lib32-* / multilib packages could list both multilib-devel and base-devel.

Lone_Wolf