[aur-general] [PRQ#11055] Deletion Request for dnscrypt-proxy-go | [PRQ#11056] Deletion Request for dnscrypt-proxy-go-git

Robin Broda arch-ml at coderobe.net
Wed Apr 4 13:44:26 UTC 2018

On 04/04/2018 02:41 PM, Jordan Glover via aur-general wrote:
> Can we get more explanation for this? This isn't a version bump. This project
> was rewritten from scratch, the old sources are gone. The PKGBUILD was written
> from scratch, packagement solutions were upstreamed[1]. Upstream points
> specifically to this package[2]. Archlinux repo maintainer wasn't involved at
> all with those and there is no info if he's interested in maintaining the new
> v2 version.
>
> [1] https://github.com/jedisct1/dnscrypt-proxy/commit/fa2c95084ef9b575bfbe62543e0765623c9b8a0e
> [2] https://github.com/jedisct1/dnscrypt-proxy/wiki/Installation-ArchLinux
>
> ​Jordan

It's got the same name, is written by the same author, and the versions
begin at 2.0.0. Fwiw this is just a major version bump of the same
package - it doesn't really matter what percentage of it has changed
since the last version.
Yes, that means the package in [community] is out-of-date, and no, your
involvement with upstream doesn't matter.

Regards, Rob